Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Fake Fake PageRank?

Chris Morris [PersonRank 0]

Thursday, April 27, 2006
18 years ago2,165 views

I have a big problem guys, and I'd like some help here....my pagerank on one of my site's has skyrocketed to a pr7 from a pr4, now normally I wouldn't care about this...lol..however, it's come to my attention that it appears as if my pr7 is a false pr7. I have been accused of redirecting my site to another in order to falsify a higher pagerank, and I swear this is not the case. Now I don't wanna be penalized by Google, my site's been online for years now and it's simply like a personal page of mine..nothing sold, it has a simple story of my life on it, that's all. Now I was told that it was because of a redirect in the .htaccess file on my server, so I checked into it and there is nothing redirecting to any other site, I logged into cpanel and checked for any redirection and there is none...how is this possible? Why would my site show up as a fake pr7 if I didn't do it? Please help me out, I don't want to lose the PR7 either, but I swear I didn't do anything to falsify this ranking either...help!!!

Sincerely,
Chris Morris

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

What's the URL Chris?
Google says that "almost" nothing can be done by a competitor to hurt your site's ranking.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!