Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Hidden Google Analytics Input Fields  (View post)

Haochi [PersonRank 10]

Sunday, April 30, 2006
18 years ago5,232 views

Why there's nothing on the right side???

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

really good.
But useless ^^ (another tip : right clik on the map, "Zoom in" and you can zoom on the map :-])

>>> 0 visitors on Blogoscoped! Damned stats! :-)

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

> 0 visitors on Blogoscoped

Yep, I've removed the Analytics tracker code ever since it stalled the site (twice, not just on the launch day...).

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Philipp doesn't use Analytics (anymore).

This tip is great if you want to localize the text or fake the stats. So next time when you see a screenshot from Analytics, think different... I mean think twice.

18 years ago #

> Yep, I've removed the Analytics tracker code ever since it stalled the site (twice, not just on the launch day...).

Why don't you include YouTube videos in the blog anymore? For the same reason or do you think the new player is uglier?

18 years ago #

The last time I included a YouTube video it was showing only white space after 1 day... not sure what happened?

dpneal [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I emailed the analytics team about this less than a week after analytics went live. They emailed me back asking for screenshots and more detailed information, which i did. But they obviously did not change it.

Don't know why they don't have google maps instead of that stupid flash one.

Haochi [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

>I emailed the analytics team about this less than a week after analytics went live. They emailed me back asking for screenshots and more detailed information, which i did. But they obviously did not change it.

Why do they need screenshot?
I guess Google Maps take longer to load.

dpneal [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

just so the could see what i meant i guess.

google mapss would take longer to load, but you could zoom in better, and it would be more functional.

18 years ago #

<you could zoom in better

This way, you'll be able to see where your visitors leave, their houses and maybe even see them.

Jt [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

it dont save it tho

Andrew Hitchcock [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

How to make the work?

Alas, I can't play this video in QT (with Flip4Mac), Windows Media Player for Mac, or VLC. Is this WMP10 format?

18 years ago #

wmp9. have you tried mplayer for mac (http://mac.softpedia.com/get/Video/MPlayer.shtml) ?

Martin [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

mplayer does not work. The codec used is not available for Mac it seams.

Elias KAI [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Well done.
Google Analytics is lazy, ot real time features not localized on different languages , maps sucks
a good one to see is this 3D analytics screens like you live in entropia universe

dpneal [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

It'll be better when they integrate measuremap

18 years ago #

This WMV unfortunately is the only thing my Windows Media Encoder produces when I make these screencasts. I wish it would just create MPG. If anyone can convert the file, I'll add it to the post...

Caleb E [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Philipp, you could just put the tracker code at the end of your page so it wouldn't delay loading.

Stephan Locher [PersonRank 9]

18 years ago #

Nice Feature, this reminds me of the time when someone told me that you can change the subject of a received mail in Outlook. A real killer feature if you have to make references to mails in a ticketing system.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!