Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Quitting YouTube  (View post)

/pd [PersonRank 10]

Wednesday, May 3, 2006
18 years ago4,932 views

Did you get the C&D from News and Pictures or YTube ?

CarLBanks [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

Actually you can upload large video files. Sign up for the YouTube director program and you can upload video files of any length.

Bibi [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

He wasn't the only one. They did it with me, deleted all the videos and blocked my account. They could at least deleted my account, as I asked after that. I had long videos that were in public domain too, but I think they are not interested in Public Domain films there.

Anyway, google video isn't the smartest site to upload videos, but they have to be approved before and I'm sure that they won't delete the videos after approve them. And the best part, I can upload large videos and more than one per time using the uploader – that must of the users don't like.

/pd [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

not sure why this sudden converstations with qutting YTube ..heres another person take on this

http://www.kbcafe.com/rss/?guid=20060503002256

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I received the C&D from News and Pictures. I don't use YouTube, but rather upload videos to my own server.

/pd [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

thks for the update Philipp!

Jason Scott [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

Pesonally, I can't believe people would consider YouTube's Filmed-in-Fabulous-Ass-o-Rama codec to be anything resembling "Archival". I barely want to watch that shit NOW, much less in 5 years. Or 2.

Corsin Camichel [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

CNBC has a big special today on YouTube.com/Viral Videos phnomenon.
they compare YouTube to a young Google, talk about copyright violations.

Niraj Sanghvi [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

>not sure why this sudden converstations with qutting YTube ..heres another >person take on this

/pd: Miel (mentioned in this post) and Coolz0r (mentioned on the page you linked) are one and the same :)

See here: http://google.blognewschannel.com/index.php/archives/2006/05/03/screw-youtube/

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!