Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Philipp, Google Personalized Homepage Module

Stephen [PersonRank 0]

Friday, May 5, 2006
18 years ago2,919 views

Have you updated your Google Blogs n' More module to include the Writely Blog? It's at http://writely.blogspot.com/

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

How do we know it's the rool thing? Google's bad URL structure makes it next to impossible :/
It looks real, definitely...

dpneal [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

It is definately the one. There is a link to it from the Writely homepage.
What do you mean by Google's bad URL structure Philipp?

Suresh S [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

http://www.google.com/jobs/britney.html chk out interesting

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

OK, what I mean is this.
Everyone can set up a fake weblog on Blogspot.com and copy the official Google template. As opposed to Google's otherwise clean structure of using sub-domains like gmail.google.com, sketchup.google.com, images.google.com we always know we can trust this to be officially from Google. With a structure like googleblog.blogspot.com however, we can't do this... so to judge a blog's "officialness" all we can do is check official sites for backlinks to the blog (like to look at the googleblog.blogpspost.com blogroll).
There have already been fake "official" Google blogs around abusing this flawed approach of Google to set up their blogs....

I saw the link from the Writely homepage, so I'm adding the blog to the Google Blogs N' more... thanks!

dpneal [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Ahh yes, i see what you mean now. Good point. Maybe the should host all their blogs on url called 'googleblog.com'. That would be better.

/pd [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I think the content was moved across onto the blogspot from the writely site when it got accquired. However, I still dont think that it has a space as "item labaled 'officalgoogleblog' "

Stephen [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Now all you need to do Philipp is those bubbles that Google Reader has, don't look at me. ;)

Oh, while on the subject. Anyway to show which blogs the posts are coming from. Like this:
   Google Video: Highlight: Moving Pictures Magazine
*maybe have Google video underlined?...just a thought.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!