Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google Ad Units

dpneal [PersonRank 10]

Friday, May 5, 2006
18 years ago2,867 views

I thought that Google would only allow you to have 3 adsense units on you page? However, from my count, Nathan over at InsideGoogle has 8! http://google.blognewschannel.com/

Can we have more than 3 on a page? and if so, how?

Nathan Weinberg [PersonRank 8]

18 years ago #

In most cases, you can't have more than three regular units and one link unit per page. However, sometimes Google lets certain publishers have access to advanced features and capabilities, based on your traffic and earnings.

I'm surprised this is only the second time someone has noticed this...

dpneal [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Can you tell us what some of these advanced features and capabilities are?

Nathan Weinberg [PersonRank 8]

18 years ago #

Sorry, I can't. My AdSense account representative warned me against blogging about about bragging about this stuff. However, there is a lot of forum discussions about this, that pretty much cover everything, and perhaps there are even things hidden in my site that can point you in the right direction ;-)

I definitely have to warn: If your account hasn't been approved for non-standard AdSense code, you can't use it. In fact, the code will fail to load, and your ads may not work at all. If they do, Google will notice that you are running more ads than allowed, without permission, or ad types that you are not approved for, and they will suspend your account.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Maybe Nathan is part of the Google Premium AdSense program?

Corsin Camichel [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Hmm maybe Elias know something about this

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!