Google Blogoscoped

Forum

PSP Games (Video)  (View post)

easter [PersonRank 1]

Saturday, May 6, 2006
18 years ago4,414 views

Hi Philipp!

I will buy a PSP for one game alone! NBA LIVE!

/pd [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

whew.. your a gamer too eh ?

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

You took your time getting one! Join the club!

(Posted from my PSP!)

18 years ago #

Join the club!

(Posted on my PSP!)

18 years ago #

(Sorry about that! The PSP seems to cache pages even when you POST data...)

Seth Glickman [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Dunno... not to start a fanboy flame war or anything, but the DS is pretty sick too. Can't wait until the New Mario Bros. game.

Michael Akerman [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

The major problem with the PSP is the lack of great games. I've heard excellent things about Lumines. I'd also highly recommend getting GTA: Liberty City Stories. Or rather, I'd highly recommend those by proxy (I don't personally have a PSP).

That said, it does seem that you have some great games to look forward to in the future. Nevertheless, you really ought to get a Nintendo DS soon, because they are incredible (or rather, the games are, but it's partially the hardware's fault), and they're cheap (something like $120 at this point). You might want to wait for the redesigned DS Lite, though (coming in June, last I heard).

If you do buy a DS, here's a list of games you ought to buy, in the order of ought-ness:

1.) Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney – If you can get your hands on it, it's an incredible lawyer game. It's easily my favorite game outside of the Legend of Zelda series.

2.) Metroid Prime Hunters – Mouse-accurate FPS action, and free online wifi play.

3.) Mario Kart DS – Easily the best Mario Kart in the series, with new and old tracks, lots of characters, lots of carts, and online wifi play (free, of course).

4.) Advance Wars DS – This is my favorite turn-based strategy game of all time, including everything in the Civilization series (which I also love). Un-freaking-believable.

5.) Animal Crossing: Wild World – This game's not for everyone. It's something of a jobless-bum simulator. You do whatever you feel like doing, mostly: fish, harvest fruit, talk to your animal neighbors. It's an odd thing to be really fun, but it's really fun.

6.) Kirby: Canvas Curse – A brilliant demonstration of the types of gameplay the DS allows, and a good deal of fun.

7.) Brain Age: Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day – Huge in Japan. A sort of brain exercise software, so it's not a game, precisely. It's value-priced, and really quite addicting.

18 years ago #

I have a PSP whereas my girlfriend has a DS. Whilst the DS might have a better range of games, the PSP is a far more impressive piece of kit.

I use my PSP to browse the web, check my emails, watch movies, show people photos and listen to music more often than I play games on it.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I like the simplicity of the PSP... a big screen and little else! A bit like the Gameboy Advance but for today. The DS seems more clever in its design but possibly redundant... don't many games only support the 2nd screen 'cause they sort of have to, without a real reason?

Richard Bolan [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

How can you browse the web on a PSP? as I have tryed to do this but it didnt work.
Thanks in Advance.

18 years ago #

Richard: It uses wi-fi to connect to the Internet. Do you have a wireless router?

justin brown [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

does anybody got any cheats for NFL STREET2 UNLEASHED

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!