Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Your Text on a Building  (View post)

OREO [PersonRank 10]

Saturday, May 6, 2006
18 years ago5,137 views

Text isn't very visible.. and picture is low quality...

Nice try anyways :).

ycc2106 [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

... yes, text is too small.

alek [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Speaking as someone who did something ... wellllll ... similar to this in a way – see http://www.komar.org/xmas/hoax/ ... you WANT the picture/text to be semi-low quality, because then you can spoof it and still be semi-believable.

I.e. if Philipp (or others) did this in high-def, it would be exponentially harder (although certainly still doable) to make it look real as the human eye/brain is pretty darn good at picking out stuff that isn't right.

On a tangential note, I've read the hardest things for Hollywood special effects dudes to mimic is human motion ... because we are so good/adapt at knowing what it *should* look like that the slightest fault in the CGI gives it away.

alek [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Meant to add that some really creative "name your own sign" over at http://atom.smasher.org/

Brinke Guthrie [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Speaking of 'human motion,' i read where the guys in charge of doing "The Incredibles" for Pixar said that the sheer task of making Violet's (the daughter character) hair flow and move properly "brought the movie team to it's knees."
Did a great job, tho.

Vidal [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

Yes, and? What is so special about it?

Elias KAI [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I have talked lately about google moving on outdoor advertising, and Mobile or Car Advertising.
It is easier managed and Controlled by Google Earth Later in the coming 3 years.

Alan [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

hey that's Hong Kong~

Wang Y. [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

Very Cool!

pokemo [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

:)

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!