Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Candygate: Google Cutting Down on Snacks  (View post)

or [PersonRank 10]

Tuesday, May 9, 2006
18 years ago5,521 views

This is so stupid. That guy is complaining about M&M's, and feeling he's been mislead and this is not Googly. Please...he sounds like a spoiled kid.

Hashim [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

this is stupid

Chris Fleming [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Once a company is listed – profit will start to come above all else, look at HP – once upon a time they had free donughts. But these went as soon as the originalm Management had moved on and someone worked out how much they could save....

Even if this move hasn't been made for cost saving reasons, give it 30 years and there won't be free snacks at google.

Artem [PersonRank 4]

18 years ago #

I can imagine the real health-related reasons. E.g. if a lot of googlers would like to stop eating unhealthy snacks, but couldn't force themselves to do it.

However, in this case, snacks would be replaced with something healthier, not just thrown away, wouldn't they? ;)

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

a Valleymag news : useless but you will not can say "oh, I wasn't in the know (aware)!"

This news made me hungry.

Missy [PersonRank 4]

18 years ago #

Dear Googlers: WAH! WAH! WAH!

Crybabies. Buy your own damned snackies, like everyone out here in the Real World does.

Sheesh.

Anon [PersonRank 7]

18 years ago #

You guys are looking at one small snippet of a very large thread, and it's (kind of) being taken out of context in the first place.

You don't know what goes on inside Google, as much as many of you think you do, and you don't know about the "snacks" as much as you think. Leave Google's internal business to Google. I'm amazed that something as trivial and stupid as this even matters to anyone who does not work at Google. "Some people who work for this company are upset about the candy in the snack kitchen!" I mean, honestly? Get a life! Start worrying about yourself instead!

Erin O'Brien Owner's Manual [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

Do m&m's contain 80% Google?

Brinke Guthrie [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

My first day at CNET I walked into the kitchen and put in .75 for a soda. Someone pointed to a huge fridge neaby, point out all sodas were free.
Which made me wonder why there was a Coke machine at all. But I was totally amazed. That eventually went away as the stock plummeted to the ground, & massive layoffs began.......

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!