Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Bird Flu Results in Google.cn  (View post)

Drewbie2uesdayz [PersonRank 0]

Wednesday, May 10, 2006
18 years ago4,450 views

I think China doesn't censor information absolutely because they want to read what people are looking at and kill them or put them away for it.

shellehs [PersonRank 5]

18 years ago #

maybe u right

Alex [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Pretty sad that google does this. I mean at the time I didnt care all that much, but the more I think about it, the more sad it is. Google should have refused: they should have simply said no.

I dont think it is worth it to get half in to the market. I mean they want money, but google is supposed to be serious about doing the right thing.

But as is very clear now, they are not.

China watcher [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Why do companies like Google insist that they have no choice in these matters? Since when is it compulsory to do business in a country that is run by a communist authoritarian regime and that prides itself in persecuting its own citizens because they wish to have freedom of speech and spiritual belief?

While the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) tortures and persecutes Christians, Tibetans, democracy activists, Uighars etc. and carries out genocide against millions of Falun Gong practitioners, to the extent that it keeps them in gulags and cuts them up while still alive to sell their organs on the human organ trade, google and other corporations act like someone forced them into doing business with the CCP.

These corporations like Cisco, MSN, Yahoo and Google act as if they had no control over the steps they took to enter the mainland Chinese market. To my knowledge they were making quite handsome profits without going there, so the idea that we should all be accepting of their willingness to collude with the CCP in using their technology to assit the CCP to persecute prisoners of conscience is unconsionable itself.

There's no question that Google has gone against its very own principle of "don't do evil". It's a clear case of putting profit before ones values and principles. Just because lots of people are doing it, doesn't make it right or defensible.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!