Google Blogoscoped

Forum

PersonRank Bars Messed Up

Jay Amin [PersonRank 10]

Friday, May 12, 2006
18 years ago3,666 views

http://blogoscoped.com/forum/personrank.html

Phillip, in the opt forum members list, Oreo and Haochi have 135 and 133 posts, but not a full bar, whereas Elias Kai, with 123 posts, does have a full bar, what's up with that? Also, people with less posts than I have a full bar, whereas I don't? weird... :)

Utills [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Perhaps Philipp has updated the complex and secretive PersonRankā„¢ algorithm? ;)

Or maybe the inhouse "BigDaddy" update didn't quite go as planned and there are some hiccups. lol.

Kirby Witmer [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

lol!!

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Yes, I actually updated the algo. I can now safely say that the PersonRankā„¢ is not only related to the post quantity anymore.

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

. o O (... I bet Philipp's using pigeons just like Google ...)

Captain Kangaroo [PersonRank 3]

18 years ago #

When you get a full bar, do you get a picture or something? If so, how do you choose it?
Mike

Jay Amin [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

You get a picture, but you don't really choose it, the only reason I have mine is because I had a full bar before Phillip changed the conditions for it, anyhow I kinda like my eye/pearl in oyster/spiral galaxy/eye of egyptian mummy/whatever else comes to your mind when you look at it.... :)

OREO [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Yeah!!! I used to have 10... what's wrong with me Philipp?

Sam Davyson [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Checking whether I still have ten....

David Hetfield [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

lol..
but how come youve decided to change the rank method Philipp?

dpneal [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Can you give us a clue to how PersonRank is worked out now? :)

Sam Davyson [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I am guessing it includes some sort of frequency of posting to account for newer members. That is my guess.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

It's actually only taking into account for how long you've been posting here. No worries, the PersonRank will go back to 10 for you guys :)

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!