Google Blogoscoped

Forum

What Websites are TOPs in Traffic - Private Stats Released

Search-Engines-Web.com [PersonRank 10]

Saturday, May 13, 2006
18 years ago3,311 views

http://battellemedia.com/archives/051006%20-%20April%20US%20Audience%20Data.pdf [PDF]

Some are obvious – but there are a few surprises

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Interesting.

Justin Pfister [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

These analysts still generalize quite a bit. Yahoo advertising via their portal is different than Google AdSense Advertising.

"Yahoo and Google generate the majority of their revenue from online
advertising. Online advertising is a relatively new industry. There is risk that the industry could fail to grow for a variety of reasons. Yahoo and Google's
businesses could suffer if the online advertising industry were to become
depressed."

OREO [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

It's hard for me to believe that Google is number 6. What's up with Yahoo... Why is it doing so well?

It seems like the sites that are at the top are the most clustered & full of ads jumping at your eyes.

Haochi [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Does Flickr included as Yahoo?
Search Engines takes a big piece on web traffic, then social sites and online stores.
MySpace #2?
I am not suprise that Yahoo! is # on pageviews...People have to go through more pages to find what they are looking for. LOL

or [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Yahoo is number one because it has tons of services that people visit it for. Would I be wrong to say that Yahoo has more services than any other portal online? I have not even seen more than a 1/4(if that much) of yahoo's many services.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

And Yahoo has over 360 million pages indexed in Google [site:yahoo.com]. Google.com only has a "mere" 56 million.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!