Google Blogoscoped

Forum

If you use Google as home page..

Brinke Guthrie [PersonRank 10]

Sunday, May 14, 2006
18 years ago3,079 views

which is it...the classic version, or the personalized page?

David Hetfield [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

classic version

but when they had The Da Vinci Code i used the personalized page

dpneal [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Personalised version. Because I mainly use the Google toolbar or Google Desktop's 'ctrl ctrl' for searching.

Sam Davyson [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Personalised. I rarely use google.com (classic) for searching. I use the search bar in Firefox instead.

pokemo [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I use the classic version...as I quite use to simple and nice page for searching.

Tarman [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

I use the personalized version. I like the option to add modules for things I need when I first log on. Now that The Quest is over, not really sure what I will replace it with. Like Sam, I use the search bar in Firefox. It would be nice to move the Google Search to the bottom of the Personal Page. jmo

Kirby Witmer [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Most times I use the classic version, cause it loads faster, but sometimes I switch to personalized version.

David Hetfield [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

yeah..
the classic verson loads faster..

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I use classic because of loading speed. It's 1-2 seconds too much for a page I access so often. Also, I would prefer the personalized homepage to look exactly the same as the classic homepage, plus the modules of course.

Travis Harris [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I use the personalized for my FireFox home page. If I want to search for anything I use the FireFox field. The one things that irritates me about that though is that Google's search history does not document those searches so if I found something great and then later that day want to re find it, I can't soo easily.

Jay Amin [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I use the personalized homepage....I like having some modules in it like falling sand :) and weather and stuff........I don't really mind waiting a little longer for it to load...

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!