Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Web Pages

Stephen [PersonRank 0]

Tuesday, May 16, 2006
18 years ago2,827 views

Soon I'm going to need a webpage. What application would you all recommend to create one? I've never really made a webpage (played around with html, text based) but I've used computers all my life, I am good with photoshop, and learn easily. Thanks.

Have2Try [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Totally depends on how complex a page you want? If you're using Google Page Creator, they kind of "trap" you into a certain format, etc. so you really just pick a template and fill in the missing spaces. You don't need to know anything really. Otherwise, Dreamweaver is the way to go but expensive. You could always make in Photoshop and slice and dice it up for the web, if you are good with photoshop like you said. Good luck!

Roger Browne [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I'd recommend to get a free account at http://wordpress.com

It's advertising-free and spam-free and easy-to-use. You can use the browser-based visual editor, or you can edit the raw HTML code according to your motivation.

Although WordPress is primarily a blogging tool, you can also easily use it to create static pages in a structured website.

Limitations? If you use the free account, you can't use JavaScript.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!