Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Why Yahoo Mail Beta So Suck?

Haochi [PersonRank 10]

Sunday, May 21, 2006
18 years ago2,470 views

The system requirement says
"If you want to use the Yahoo! Mail Beta...
You can download any of the supported browsers for free by clicking the links below:

Internet Explorer 5.5 or higher (for Windows)
Firefox 1.0 or higher (for Mac and Windows)
Mozilla 1.7 or higher (for Mac and Windows)
Netscape 7.2 or higher (for Windows)"

So is IE 7 a lower version???

Sam Davyson [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Not only that but it doesn't work on Windows 98 with any of those browsers that you mentioned.

http://uk.f269.mail.yahoo.com/dc/system_requirements?os=blocked

{ that page may redirect to Yahoo Mail if you are on a supported OS, I am not sure }

David Hetfield [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

conclusion:
Use Gmail! :)

18 years ago #

And it is so stupid! You click the link that says "Go to the original Yahoo! Mail just this one time" and guess what there is right infront of your mailbox?

An advert that reads: "Drag & drop Fred´s email to Trash. Get the new Yahoo! Mail. Now you can have cool new features, including drag-and-drop. Think of how easy it´s going to be putting messages exactly where you want them."

You click that link you get back to the first page. etc. Stupid!!

--

Also: does anyone know where Yahoo keep their support forms for complaints etc? I want to complain about a few things (not least the lack of a link to a support form).

18 years ago #

David: I do use Gmail.

--

So I finally find this page:

http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/writeus/suggest.html

"We are always looking for ways to improve Yahoo! Give us your comments, feedback, and suggestions!"

Then I get three options: Add my site, Fix a listing, and Where's my site. How about general complaints? or Other Feedback?

18 years ago #

lol..
i know you use Gmail..
but why wasting your time on a stupid email service when you can use the best one?! (and again, i know you do use Gmail)

18 years ago #

Gmail is the best service right now. And from what I am seeing it will probably be the best service for the considerable future. Yahoo however are innovating in the mail space although their necessity to Yahoo all over their nice looking (and highly functional) mail interface to turn it into some sort of advert paradise was typical.

I (currently) have no intention of switching my email provider. But it is good to keep an eye on the competiton. For this reason I also have a Hotmail / Live Mail account which is considerably worse than Yahoo mail.

18 years ago #

i agree
i also use Yahoo!'s Mail..
but not as often as Gmail

pokemo [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Gmail itself sounds better than "Yahoo!'s mail". :) Love Gmail...:)

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!