Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Microsoft no threat to Google? Think again

David Hetfield [PersonRank 10]

Sunday, May 21, 2006
18 years ago2,726 views

<<A majority of internet users polled over the space of a week believe that Microsoft is not going to be a serious threat to Google in the search space. However, there are still many who believe Microsoft can seriously threaten the search leader's dominance, including Google itself.

An iTWire poll, which had 1111 respondents, asked the question: "Will Microsoft be a serious threat to Google in the search space?" 645 respondents answered no (58.1%), while 466 answered yes (41.0%). Microsoft, which is running a distant third behind Google and Yahoo, has been making a serious assault on the search engine business in recent times, with a massive rebranding and search product strategy exercise.>>

yeah right.. MS has nothing to theat with on Google.. no matter what MS will launch, Google will launch a better service than MS..

David Hetfield [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

forgot the link :)

http://www.itwire.com.au/content/view/4367/53/

Jamie [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

The title of this article (and what it implies) drives me crazy. "Think again..." as though there is something substantial rather than a poll of users. Perception is certainly important as far as search engines are concerned but these users aren't even saying they percieve Microsoft to be better, they just think there may be a threat. Crummy journalism.

or [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

There's only one reason I want google and yahoo to stay ahead of MS in search. Because I don't understand why MS feels the need to dominate every major tech market. OK, they have a number 3 search engine, why do they want to kill google when they have windows, and MS office, and XBOX, etc. If Google loses in search, it's over for Google, they have no other revenue source. But if MS stays behind google, they will still remain a major company for long to come, so I don't see MS as an underdog even though they are new to search. Google is the underdog, since MS is attacking their only source of revenue.

Travis Harris [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

did you know that 70.5% of statistics are made up arbitrarily, and a study was done that found out that almost 874 of 1300 studies done, were actually done in someones imagination?

okay, I'm tired.... :o)

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!