Forum

Creative Commons Here  (View post)

Zoolander [PersonRank 4]

Wednesday, May 24, 2006
18 years ago7,103 views

Well done. ^5.

or [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

much thanks for the full feed. The partial feed can be annoying sometimes.

Daniel [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Kudos for the full feeds!

Wang Y. [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

Really appreciate!

Stephan Locher [PersonRank 9]

18 years ago #

Philipp, you are a mind reader:
Since this week I'm using google reader and wanted to ask in the forum for a full feed :-)

Thanks alot.

Basil [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Yeah, thanks for the full feed, Philipp!

Juan [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Thanks for the FULL feed!!

Jan Piotrowski [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

Von wegen "side-note", das ist wichtig! Danke für den Full-Text-Feed.

Hogg [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

I LOVE the full-text feed!!!

Sam Davyson [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Excellent news re the feed. Thanks a lot.

Andreas [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

You had good reasons for not releasing the full-text feed (tracking, copycat-sites). What changed your mind?

/pd [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Excelleent!!

Thanks for the full feeds.. thats better for moblie devices too :)-

/pd [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I just reliazed that the main pages dont have a cc icon .

Kirby [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Right on!

pokemo [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Thanks Philipp...:)

Veky [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Thank you. I really hope you will not regret this decision...

LordElph [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

I'd be interested to why you decided not to apply the sharealike clause

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Andreas:
> You had good reasons for not releasing
> the full-text feed (tracking, copycat-sites). What
> changed your mind?

Good question. For years I pondered wether or not to switch to full-feeds, and it was the #1 unfulfilled request by many of you. I am aware of potential problems that spam bloggers can now easily grab my full site and republish elsewhere (I hope that the PageRank here will make searchers mostly find this blog, not the spam blog, when searching for content of it). Also, my current revenues are exclusively through ads so I need to find ways to display tasteful ads in the RSS. Last not least, RSS readers "hide" traffic stats from me, though someone suggested including a counter image. I don't like these issues, but I hope that there is more good to come out of this, especially for all of you who read along with RSS readers.

This change is an experiment for me and I'm curious to see potential side-effects. What specifically convinced me to release a full-feed *now* is that by openly sharing everything through Creative Commons, everyone now has the right to publish a full-feed RSS of Google Blogoscoped (or create a Google Blogoscoped book provided it pays for only distribution costs, or create a non-commercial Google Blogoscoped shadow blog, and so on). So it might as well be *here* where you get the full-feed :)

Pd:
> I just reliazed that the main pages dont have a cc icon .

Maybe I'll add one if I find a good & small one. Right now it has the "some rights reserved" phrase I hope people understand to be CC-related.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

LordElph:
> I'd be interested to why you decided not to apply the sharealike clause

Of course I'm hoping that people will apply CC-licenses whereever they can. But I wanted to go for the most open license that I still feel is OK. Let's just say the SomeNewsOrganization.com webmaster would like to republish my article, but the site is not CC-licensed. I'm not sure with a share-alike clause this webmaster can share the article. But, the share-alike clause is definitely something where I'll keep on thinking if it's better or not to have it.

anonymous googler [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Thank you so much!

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Philipp – this is great. It certainly won't stop me visiting your site though. I much prefer to read your posts here than in Google Reader – which isn't true for all blogs, of course. (And even though I've been subscribed to your feed for ages, I've very rarely see a "new" post in Google Reader that I've not already seen on your site!)

Quick Online Tips [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

Great to read your full text feed. Very nice. Thanks.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!