Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Video Search: YouTube Dominates, Google Video No. 5

David Hetfield [PersonRank 10]

Thursday, May 25, 2006
18 years ago2,131 views

<<YouTube continues to dominate the Internet video search market, according to a new report.

Hitwise, the traffic intelligence firm, recently reported that as of May 20, nearly 43 percent of all video searching was done through YouTube.

MySpace Videos is second with 24.2 percent of the video search traffic, Yahoo Video Search third with 9.58 percent and MSN Video Search fourth at 9.21 percent. Google Video, in fifth place, has a 6.48 percent share.

Hitwise also published a finding that suggests video search engines from leading providers Google, Microsoft and Yahoo are up against much stiffer competition from all sides.

Neither Yahoo, Google, nor Microsoft were mentioned among the recent big gainers. Rather, Hitwise noted that in addition to YouTube, other big gainers were No. 2 video search provider MySpace Videos, which saw a market share increase of 3,800 percent, No. 8 video search provider Grouper, with 765 percent gains, and Daily Motion, up 300 percent.>>

http://googlewatch.eweek.com/blogs/google_watch/archive/2006/05/24/10288.aspx

YouTube is really good.. but i think Google Video is great too :)
ill give them 2nd place
by the way.. i could not believe that MSN video has more control than Google Video..i think thats strange..

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!