Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Niraj's Web Puzzle  (View post)

Niraj Sanghvi [PersonRank 10]

Thursday, May 25, 2006
18 years ago6,646 views

As an added warning, it starts out difficult! You must be persistent. It's hard, but not impossible as you can tell from the leaderboard: http://riddle.nirajsanghvi.com/leader1.php

Jay Amin [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

After trying Sam's web riddle, I'm scared to try this one out! :)

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

So many puzzles! So little time!

At least it's a Bank Holiday here in the UK this weekend. Maybe I'll get a chance to try it out!

/pd [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I'll play on this across the weekend ..!! :)-

Flex the gray muscles

CJ Millisock [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Thanks for the post Niraj! The first puzzle is always awkward because it's hard to estimate how difficult the author intended it to be. So thanks! :-)

To arms!

18 years ago #

Actually, some of the feedback we got seems to show that the first puzzle is one of the hardest...are you up to the challenge? :)

The rest are certainly not easy, but they're probably easier than the first. Though of course it seems to vary widely from person-to-person.

18 years ago #

I'm DEFINITELY up to the challenge. :-)

Sam Davyson [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

http://riddle.nirajsanghvi.com/leader1.php

:)

18 years ago #

Go Sam! :-D Good work.

Hey, can anyone who has finished the puzzle, please make sure the following puzzle is still able to be solved:

I'm glad you made it here. If you're feeling lucky in this town, you can find some often asked questions. Go to the first place you see.

I don't this post will give anything away, but if so, please feel free to delete it!

18 years ago #

Nevermind. lol

KD [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

Grr... CJ that is the one that I am stuck on. *sigh* But I suppose it is solveable since you seem to 'nevermind' it so easily.

18 years ago #

Yeah, sorry. It's solvable.

18 years ago #

And. . . . DONE. :-)

18 years ago #

CJ, nice job! And yes, for the puzzle you mentioned, it became much more difficult to solve. If you refresh it, there is now an extra hint in the source.

18 years ago #

Scrap what I said. If anyone is on the "feeling lucky" riddle, hit refresh to see the new replaced riddle. The old one became too difficult. The answer is still the same, so everything else should be the same even for those who haven't gotten there yet.

KD [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

Oh my that one is much easier :-) Thanks.

Tiara [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Argh, I'm stuck on the first one! I thought it was morse code but then the 5s don't fit :(

Can't talk here. Others will hear us. Listen for the taps. When we get out, meet me in (1,4) (1,5) (3,3) (5,1) (1,5) (4,2). If I can trust you, you will be rewarded.

18 years ago #

Niraj, I used Google's cache to solve it after it become more difficult to solve. I thought you wrote it like that on purpose!

18 years ago #

Nope. But we've rewritten it (again) to resolve the problem.

Tiara, it certainly is a code. You may find the "Stuck?" link helpful (it's on every riddle page).

Buffcoat [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

Done with it. I have a question, though (I'll edit out any identifying terms for other levels).

"... you could have an Italian Beef. But I prefer this kind."

I don't understand how Italian Beef and the subanswer of #10 are the same "kinds" of anything. Is that a bit of local color I don't understand?

18 years ago #

Yes, it is a local thing for the city that was mentioned in 9. However, it was intentionally vague, as knowing that answer would allow you to do a shortcut in #10! :)

Jesse [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Are the numbers for 10 843 662? Because somehow I still can't find the answer from those numbers?

18 years ago #

Jesse, it mentions the numbers will be sent to a phone. This should help you translate the numbers into a name.

Buffcoat [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

Niraj – thanks for the reply. My suggestion, if you want it to remain vague but not be confusing ("this kind" implies that the answer might be a sandwich, which it is not) would be to change the line to:

"... you could have an Italian Beef. But I prefer this."

mattura [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

I think Niraj should make it clear that in the first puzzle, I and J are together.
That would be fairer

18 years ago #

mattura, you don't need that information if you successfully use the hint (you will find it). If not, it is much harder to find the solution.

18 years ago #

Buffcoat, we didn't really want that to be guessable, as it lets you skip a step. So vague and confusing is good in this case :)

atlee [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

hey where do you go for the first one im completely stuck

18 years ago #

atlee, go to http://riddle.nirajsanghvi.com and read the instructions. After that if you go to the first puzzle and are still stuck, click on the "Stuck?" link at the bottom and it will give you some hints.

The first one is actually one of the hardest, so some persistance will pay off!

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!