Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google holding closed beta

David Hetfield [PersonRank 10]

Monday, May 29, 2006
18 years ago2,608 views

<<Nathan Weinberg of Inside Google recieved a tip from a "quality tipster" that could possibly be related to my post about Google Checkout yesterday. In his article, he says that Google is holding a closed beta (probably to trusted testers) that helps people make purchases from "high quality" merchants.

Like many people have said in reference to my last article, all we know is that Google registered "googlecheckout.net/org/info" — this doesn't necessarily mean anything. Google registers domains all the time, but they aren't obligated to do anything with them.

My speculation is based on the registration of that domain, and what I think the domain could be used for given current events and what would make sense. "Who f-ing knows! It's just a domain name for crying out loud!" as Garrett French quotes Danny Sullivan in his article at Search Engine Lowdown.>>

David Hetfield [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

whoops.. forgot the link :)
http://blogs.zdnet.com/Google/index.php?p=209

Jim [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Yes, pretty interesting if it´s true. I think we are wanting too long for new "killer service" from Google. Ok, search then... Gmail? And... what´s else? Google Maps? And that´s all, nothing what could change the net world.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!