Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google Analytics Alternatives?

Corsin Camichel [PersonRank 10]

Monday, May 29, 2006
18 years ago2,535 views

Hey everyone, been a little while

Since Google Analytics only allows 5 accounts/sites to track, I wanted to ask if somebody has an alternative.

/pd [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

webtrends :)-

Corsin Camichel [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I have no access to the logs files. And webtrends is not free :-). So no Awstats, webalizer, webtrends...

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

XiTi

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Try Performancing Metrics. It has (almost) real time stats.

http://performancing.com/metrics/start

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I was wondering whether this would work:

Since you can assign additional Administrators to any profile in your site, I was wondering whether you could simply create another Google Account, add it as an Administrator, remove the original account's access and then create more profiles...? I doubt it would work because I'm sure even if you remove the original account's access, the profile would still be linked to it.

It's a bit of a faff and I've therefore not tried it, but it might be worth a shot...

/pd [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

but Tony this (Urchin/Analytics) works meta tags correct ?? So that tag is asscocated with a verification process to the Account. Now if you swap accounts how does one change the assoication of that site with an account ??

I don't think that Admin changes will work, but if it does--then thats a good hack ..!!

If anyone experiments, pls feed back some insight. Thank in advance :)_

18 years ago #

/pd: Yeah, that's the reason I doubt it would work. The ID used in the JS tracking code is the original account's ID (from what I can tell), so whilst you can remove Administrators' access from the profile, I don't think it would separate the profile from the original account...

18 years ago #

Also, the additional Google Account you're adding has to already have Google Analytics setup otherwise you'll need an invitation code. I know because I just tried it and I fell at the first hurdle... :-)

/pd [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Tony – did you try the hard key method :)-

ServiceLogin?service=
vs
NewAccount?service=

the prepending protion of the url you know :)- ...

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I've been able to add 10 sites to track before it stopped letting me add new ones...

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!