Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google Groups on Personalized Homepage

Niraj Sanghvi [PersonRank 10]

Wednesday, May 31, 2006
18 years ago3,836 views

When I went to Google Groups today, I saw my usual list of subscribed groups, but also a new, blue botton with a plus sign that said "Add to Google!"

Clicking it added a module with links to my subscribed groups to my homepage...it's actually surprisingly convenient if you use groups often.

http://www.nirajsanghvi.com/images/stories/google_addgroups.jpg

/pd [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

waaaaaaaaaaa.. linky not working

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster[put at-character here]nirajsanghvi.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

18 years ago #

Sorry, you may have to copy and paste the link (I'm still working on correcting some hotlink blocking I had implemented.)

Sam Davyson [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Yeah it is nice. But the module is not really anything special it is literally just a list of links like the Bookmarks one. It is not as good as the reader module.

/pd [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

kewl.. strike out.. double KEWL!! :)-

one-clik and I updatd my hompy with this!! :)-

btw..thks for tip

18 years ago #

Well, the nice thing is the "new messages" indicator after the links. Unfortunately, I have foung it is usually grossly inaccurate...hopefully they are improving it.

18 years ago #

I think the link should work just by clicking now :)

Art-One [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

The link works for me now. Thx. I've added the mod to my homepage & it seems to work fine. The "new message" is also inaccurate on the groups pages, so the problem is not module specific. Thx for the tip.

18 years ago #

Yeah Art-One, it has been inaccurate since the beginning. I sort of gave up on them fixing it.

Looks like they also changed the "reply" link...now there's two links. One is just reply, and the other is reply with quote.

dpneal [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

this module is ok, but nothing great. i agree with Sam, it's not as good as the reader module.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!