Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google Groups for the Personalized Homepage  (View post)

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

Wednesday, May 31, 2006
18 years ago3,966 views

<< Who of you is actually using Google Reader as newsgroup reader? >>

Did you mean Google Reader – or should that have been Google Groups? (I know Google Groups offers Atom and RSS feeds, so you could use Google Reader I guess...)

I use Google Groups – but only for Google Groups (rather than Usenet newsgroups). The only time I read Usenet newsgroups using Google Groups is when I search them for help with error messages / bugs / etc.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Yep, I meant "Google Groups"... fixed!

/pd [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I use google groups extensively.. thats a secondary souce for communiyt conversations

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Hey, I just discovered something new :
When you search "author:Google Employee" in Google groups, now you got a small icon, a little green "G"
http://groups.google.com/groups/search?q=author%3A%22Google+Employee%22&start=10&scoring=d&

http://groups.google.com/groups/img/green_g.gif

I go on the first URL each day (thereabouts) and this wasn't here before...
Just a small news, but a scoop! :-P

Sam Davyson [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Tom: That reminds me of that story when Google changed the arrows you click to move from one page of search results to another.

Art-One [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I just use google groups as a mailing list. I have for instance a mailing list for the local press guys to mail news of JCI Brugge (www.jci-brugge.be). I didn't knew that it was also a newsgroup reader. I have to check that out!

Niraj Sanghvi [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I use Groups as a discussion board since I can't access my Gmail account from work.

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Well sight Sam ;-)

GooGrou [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Nobody who's serious about Usenet reads it from GG. But as a Usenet research tool it's invaluable (not that hard, given that there is no competition).

Randall [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

I occasionally read and post to Usenet groups, and when I do so I use Google Groups. It's not worth my time to install separate software for that.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I've used XanaNews before... at the moment, I don't check the Usenet.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!