Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google Experiment Collapses "More" Links  (View post)

Sam Davyson [PersonRank 10]

Friday, June 2, 2006
18 years ago5,311 views

"More you can do with Google" That wording doesn't seem right to me.

Niraj Sanghvi [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

That and the buttons have a weird font...looks suspicious.

/pd [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

the fons size is not consitent with goog's overall UI..take a look carefully at the "More you can do with Google" title.. its someone for HK who has posted
and it also has chinese char on the far left hand side of the screen scrap

imho-- this is not really a google thingy

CoR [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

I have that as the look of my google home page also... Maybe try using firfox.

elyk [PersonRank 6]

18 years ago #

I'm using firefox and not getting it...it seems like a good idea except the link should be reworded, and it should be on top of the search box, as users are used to looking there for more stuff.

Ian Davies [PersonRank 2]

18 years ago #

It could be real – the fonts look like that because the person who posted the screenshot was using a Chinese version of Windows. I know someone with Japanese Windows, and the fonts look exactly like that. The Chinese characters on the bottom left is probably just "Done" in the Chinese version of Firefox.

Ian Davies [PersonRank 2]

18 years ago #

Oh, and the website that my name links to isn't mine... mine's ian1.net – 8th on Google for my name rather than the first.

18 years ago #

CoR: Can you copy the source code for it into a new HTML page and then host it somewhere? If you don't have hosting then I would be more than wiling to host it if you send the code.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Updated the post with more screenshots...

18 years ago #

Ooo nice. I am not sure that many people scroll the end of the SERP. So they would miss the option to try out their search in all the other Google searches. But maybe it is this that Google is testing. the frequency of clicking for those links compared to normal.

teodora [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

it's still too packed, i already hate google for the personalized home links.. they should only have an input box and a search button, no more.

Peter Hestbaek [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

I can verify this screen shot, I have seen the same in Firefox a while ago...

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!