Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Who's using Google Calendar now?

Sam Davyson [PersonRank 10]

Saturday, June 3, 2006
18 years ago2,596 views

It has been a while since the launch of Google Calendar. And it was one of the most anticipated lauches that Google has made, and also a product that most people agreed at the time was a very good one.

So now the buzz has died down, who is still using it?

I have a few items (World Cup games.. :)) stored in mine and I guess I look at it every so often. I don't use it all the time though, and I have never used any of the integration features with Gmail (sending an event, or accepting an event).

David Hetfield [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

<<So now the buzz has died down, who is still using it? >>

im still using it..
its very good!!

<<I have a few items (World Cup games.. :)>>
Me too!!

/pd [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I am using cl2 for mulitple event tracking...meshing it together under one view point is so kewl..

or [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I'm using it too. But remember, a calendar is the type of thing that people use in different and various ways. For example, I hardly login to Google Calendar, except to set a new scheduled event; mainly, I just follow my alerts in gmail or on my cell phone to keep on track with my schedule. And it's not the type of App that will have the sort of fanfare like say Gmail or Search.

OREO [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I use it all the time! I haven't missed one day since the launch on April 12 without entering my schedule.

Mrrix32 [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I use it when I see the link on my school e-mail account (GM script). Apart from that I use it when I have nothing else to do.

Brinke Guthrie [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

i still am looking for the button for the toolbar, for quick access.........

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I use it all the time too.

dpneal [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Yeah me too, I use it every day. (I've got the world cup games calendar too Sam :))

18 years ago #

off topic
i think that The Netherlands will win this year :)

Haochi [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I use it *regularly*. Mostly just to see if there's any new feature there or test some bug and stuff.

Sam Davyson [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

(David: are you joking? I-N-G-E-R-L-A-N-D!)

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I also use it.

18 years ago #

Ingerland=England right?! :/

and dont think so..
everyone thinks that Brazil will win... i dont!!
Holland will take the trophy home!!

Art-One [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I use it also. I have some public calendars attached to it. I can see the calendar of my wife ;-) & for the family we have created a shared calendar of birthdays.

Some toolbar functionality would be great indeed.
Integration of contacts & birthdays would be interesting.
And more european orientation (c.f. mobile access) would be nice too.

I didn't manage to get alerts in my e-mail yet, but that was probably just a setting that is wrong.

/pd [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

is anyone managing alerts via mobile device ?? that creating events and getting notifications strategy working well ??

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I'm using it and so's my girlfriend. We both have individual calendars and share another one. This way, we know exactly who's doing what and when! No more double booking!

Kirby Witmer [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I'm not using it..... yet. I use Outlook with Exchange at work yet.

/pd [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Tony, are you using via mobile ?? I am still struggling with mobile events and alerts..

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

/pd: Nope.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!