Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google AdWords Feedback Buttons  (View post)

Elias KAI [PersonRank 10]

Tuesday, June 6, 2006
18 years ago5,179 views

And May be the answer or voting should be displayed and according to how an ad can be usefull , it should be positioned...

easterangel [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

I like this. This will make the Adsense Ads truly relevant.

Corsin Camichel [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

> I like this. This will make the Adsense Ads truly relevant.
Seriously? What happen, if I click a million times on "yes" for my own ads. And this is another market for "click fraud" business. One click on the button, one on the ad.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Becoming a click-fraud worker will soon require advanced training...

ContentWorth [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

>Becoming a click-fraud worker will soon require advanced training...

Click fraud will certainly require an exessive amount of time.

bertifuel [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Looks nice at first glance, but I don't think it's going to work. If a visitor likes the site, purchase products and so on, will that visitor come back to the Google page and evaluate the Google Ad? Don't think so (the visitor is too busy being happy on their new found site).

Only negative experiences will be evaluated, because if visitors don't like the landing page of an Google ad they will go back immediately and respond in a negative way to that question. True, this will give Google an idea of which ads are NOT so relevant for certain key phrases, but it doesn't focus on what people do find useful links.

Also, clicking 'yes' on all your ads will probably not give the desired result, since Google will probably take a look at your IP-adress. So, if you're looking for an artificial boost of your Ad Rank, I would stay away from clicking too enthusiatically on your ads.

All in all it looks like the commercial spin off of the Google Toolbar voting Buttons project (the smileys). Not a big success either.

I think Google should focus more on time spent on a website after clicking on an ad, the amount of pageviews viewed on that website, the amount of links followed, the amount of actions (filling out forms, performing queries etc.) and the exit points of visitors (for example: returning to Google and perform the same query indicates that a visitor didn't find what he or she was looking for or that the visitor is looking for a 'second opinion'). This will create a more 'scientific' idea of what ad-links people like or not.

Evaluating links like this with a lot of money involved is asking for trouble and will give 'smart' people another tool to manipulate their ad rank or the ad rank of competitors. Can't blame them though...

Ryan [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Hi. Let me know what happened after you clicked yes or no.. would like to see the screenshots if you have done it..

Regards,
Ryan

James Boulter [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

Ryan: The question (and two answer buttons) disappeared immediately. No new page was loaded.

I might also add that the question appears after clicking sponsored links that appear at the top of the page as well.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!