Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google is failing?

justin flavin [PersonRank 10]

Wednesday, June 7, 2006
18 years ago3,226 views

interesting article about how Google is failing to gain market penetration in areas such as Gmail, Google maps and other.

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,9075-2212802,00.html

google finance looks like being one of the big failures.

dpneal [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

why aren't people using the service though? alot of them are much better than the competition.

Art-One [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

dpneal: Are those products really better?

If you look at Yahoo's tools they are quite good, very userfriendly & used...

I personally like to use them both, but I do think the tools of yahoo are much more mature. Although I must say that Google has some challenging good idea's like the office suite, the integration that is in a lot of things, etc.

Google is also quite good at making a hype around it's launches. One bad thing about hypes is that they mostly do not last...

justin flavin [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

if you look at google's homepage (in the UK at least, where i am) , you dont see any links to gmail or maps or finance – so its no wonder that the average person dont know about them.

Sam Davyson [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

<<Adam Sohn, Microsoft MSN's global director of public relations, told Times Online that Gmail's impact on Hotmail amounted to "a rounding error".>>

Erm. 2 MB to 250 MB soon to 2 GB. That is some rounding.

Art-One [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Justin: the international behavior of google could indeed be better. I live in Belgium & if I used only the tools ment to be for my market, I'd live in the Middle Ages ;-))

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!