Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google RS2, SSD...?  (View post)

Splasho [PersonRank 10]

Saturday, June 10, 2006
13 years ago5,750 views

I can imagine MDC being some sytem which automatically updated certain feeds of info. on your mobile, eg News.
(If you care typo = gold-> golf)

Pierre S [PersonRank 10]

13 years ago #

groups.google.com/group/simple ...

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

13 years ago #

OK, so SSD = Simple Storefront Distribution.

Pierre S [PersonRank 10]

13 years ago #

That would match their plans for Froogle...

/pd [PersonRank 10]

13 years ago #

how can that be, " match their plans for Froogle" ??

Mechant infomation is getting moved into Gbase, so where is the logica behind this SSD ?

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

13 years ago #

Maybe it's related to Google Purchases / Wallet.

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

13 years ago #

"SSD" looks like "Secure System" or "Safe System" for me...

Mysterius [PersonRank 10]

13 years ago #

RS2 = Remote Storage?
I think the "2" is either to throw off spies or refers to a previous internal alpha, like CL2 = Calendar. Of course, it could also refer to Gmail's storage, or the back-end for it at Google.

Mysterius

yow [PersonRank 1]

13 years ago #

these are traps set up for people trying to discover new google's services :)

Josue R. [PersonRank 10]

13 years ago #

Tony: great work looking up those secret Google services... i'm one of your fans!

yow: you could be right about the traps... hopefully you're not truely correct and these infact are real/hidden services.

Mysterius: i believe you're on the right track and Google did infact try to throw us out the loop with CL2 ..... RS2 = Romte Storage = GDrive ???

Sam Davyson [PersonRank 10]

13 years ago #

How many of these could be old things that Google has never got round to deleting?

Joe C [PersonRank 1]

13 years ago #

I think Mysterious has got it spot on with the Remote Storage. We'll just have to see. Knowing Google, they'll probably just bring it out in a couple of minutes or so... =)

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

13 years ago #

Garett posted on this too now with a nice headline:

Ruscoe digging up the dirt (ZDNet)
blogs.zdnet.com/Google/?p=229

Brinke Guthrie [PersonRank 10]

13 years ago #

I want GDrive and I want it now. And GBrowser while we're at it. Since Schmidt says they're not going to do a browser, that means they are.

Anonymous [PersonRank 0]

13 years ago #

Who needs a Google browser? We all know that they are trying to modify Firefox with their extensions. Google will continue to release their extensions
until every feature that they would want in a google browser is in Firefox. That way they don't have to come up with other code and also have to compete with Mozilla Firefox in intense BROWSER WARS!

Josue R. [PersonRank 10]

13 years ago #

in my crazy little mind, i believe Google is compiling info on all of us and tracking us down to every questions/comments about their hidden services... i think they'll get to Tony & Garet first! haha =)

i bet Gates & Ballmer have Blogoscoped Forum bookmarked (and maybe on their top 20 listings)

Josue R. [PersonRank 10]

13 years ago #

Weird error page:

www.google.com/accounts/CheckC ...

Error – "Sorry, there seems to be a problem. The service you're looking for is temporarily unavailable. We're working hard to restore your access as soon as possible. Please try again in a few hours. Thanks for your patience."

.... this error page has the "Google Accounts" logo

different from:

www.google.com/accounts/CheckC ...

Error – "The page you requested is invalid."

.... this error page has the normal "Google" logo

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

13 years ago #

You're right Josue. It's the same error produced by the NewAccount page:

www.google.com/accounts/NewAcc ...

This page was covered in my previous post:
ruscoe.net/blog/2006/05/google ...

SCJM [PersonRank 10]

13 years ago #

I hope they make a browser which doesn't use as much memory as firefox. i've been using IE lately because my 128mb ram computer can't handle firefox.

This thread is locked as it's old... but you can create a new thread in the forum. 

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!