Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Pay for Google Video?

Ivan Dimitrov [PersonRank 1]

Tuesday, June 13, 2006
18 years ago2,511 views

As i was browsing the Official Google Video Blog I stumbled on some films that when clicked gave me the "We're sorry, but the provider of this video has not authorized Google to display this video in your location." error. It has happened before I am in Bulgaria and I guess they have some reasons but as I looked back in the blog I saw that after the lenght of the video there was a price which made me wonder about if I hav seen something about paying for Videos on your blog. I checked but I didn't find anything so I am writing this post.
http://googlevideo.blogspot.com/2006/06/highlight-sundance-channel.html

ps. Bulgaria is country which is not approved by PayPal and the other online paying sites and this explains why I was not allowed to see the video

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Yes, they sometimes do this. The video provider can select which sources to include, if I understood it right. Then there were (are?) also countries which Google Video didn't support at all independent of the video provider's configuration – I don't know if they still do that...

Ivan Dimitrov [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

I very rarely stumble upon some video which is "not authorised" here from Bulgaria.
More interesting to me is the price of the videos and the payment method...
But there is no way for me to see how the want to get your money as they don't want mine :)

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!