Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google is a "champion of innovation" -- can it last?

/pd [PersonRank 10]

Tuesday, June 13, 2006
18 years ago2,289 views

I found this interesting article /question

http://www.bloggingstocks.com/2006/06/13/google-is-a-champion-of-innovation-can-it-last/

will the innovations last and for how long ?

Art-One [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

About this thread, question is not if it will last. Answer on that is Nothing has ever lasted for ever.

Panta rei....

Question is indeed how long it will last and I think it'll last for several years until most evident features are present, then innovation will become difficult. But they sure has a long way to go. I do hope so, it makes the world a better one.

/pd [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I am thinking that by 2010 if there will be innovations sprial taking place..

I mean they are actually so far there has actually been now real innovations as such. Other then Gmail and Earth. , calenders, spreadsheets , online purhcases etc etc are by themselves old services with a new wraping of the AJX interface..

what should be the next big thing is difficult to ascertain under turbulance conditions.. but innovations is directly tied down to growth an revenue..

Will Google Shareprice ever hit the same as Suns , thats is approx $5.86 only ??

Art-One [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Innovation does not have to mean creating new services. It could also mean offering old services in a new manner.

Look at most innovative technologies, they were all something that already existed earlier:
* phone -> book -> writing -> talking,
* plane -> train -> horse -> walking,
* etc.

The innovative thing that Google is doing is to enable old service in a better way and webenabled. The second thing they are doing is to keep everything very simple, not to complex, so that 80% of the users are satisfied by let's say 20% effort. The other 80% of effort that is needed to satisfy the other 20% users is not made or is made very slowly so that costs are under control.

What's the next big thing is unpredictable. I'm sure even Google does not know. There x% program though enables the company to make lots of test projects which can be tested in the public. Only a very small percentag of those products will later be seen as real innovative products. Besides of that they are watching the market. A market that is a lot bigger and thus a lot more able to creat something innovative. If they see something like that, they can just buy it. (C.f. Google earth.)

Shareprices are also unpredictable. If they would be predictable, we would all be millionaires. If someone can predict them, please contact me for making me rich!

/pd [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Art : "Shareprices are also unpredictable" :)-

thats why I am trending .. heres after the "bell"!!

http://www.bloggingstocks.com/2006/06/13/google-after-the-bell-for-6-13-06-all-the-innovation-thats-fit/

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!