Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Chinese Activist Attacked  (View post)

Stephan Locher [PersonRank 9]

Tuesday, June 13, 2006
18 years ago3,754 views

Reading this post I've got an idea:
Isn't the uncensored(?) google.com compared with the censored google.cn a great tool to generate a list of censored topics in China?

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

http://blogoscoped.com/archive/2006-06-08-n72.html

Lonnie [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

You will have to explain that to me. The differences are enormous. There are tens of thousands of sites blocked by the Cisco software in place here.

Joe Harroff [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

I first heard of this news on the independent media site democracynow.com. Then searching for more all I could access are blogs. I am currently studying here in the PRC and it is extremely dissapointing to experience the extent to which microsoft, google, yahoo, et. al are controlled by CCP web police. In response to a previous post, here in the mainland even the google.com, and not just google.cn are heavily filtered. I wonder if someone could tell me about a chinese web source for what happened to Fu Xiancai. Or atleast let me know which Chinese characters this pinyin refers to. Please send me an email at jharroff[put at-character here]hotmail.com. Thanks a lot! I should be able to help spread the word in this forcibly ignorant country.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

The Chinese characters are these (according to Wikipedia):
三峡大坝

Yes, Google.cn self-censors but pages behind Google.com (once you leave their results pages) are also often blocked.

[Sent via email, too.]

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Oops. You wanted the Chinese characters fo Fu Xiancai, not the Three Gorges Dam.

suzanne [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

the Chinese characters of Fu Xiancai 付先财.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!