Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Add Google Calendar to Your Site  (View post)

Hashim [PersonRank 10]

Friday, June 16, 2006
18 years ago14,168 views

I iwsh they would include the name of the calendar in the display

or [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

From looking at the settings for embedding the calendar, Philipp probably chose not to display the name of the Calendar. There is an option to show "Navigation Controls Only (hide logo and title)".

Is that correct , Philipp?

Caleb E [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

heh, i hate it when you put something interactive in your posts, philipp cause I always think it's a screenshot then feel dumb when I click on it and something happens! same thing happened with the related content bit. :)

Nathan White [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

I wish the homepage module gave the option of displaying more than just my primary calendar... same with the gmail daily agenda notifications!

Caleb E [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

yes, I second that! I made a public calendar with stuff for my school so other people could hook in w/o me having to share my other events, but it's so annoying that Google Calendar doesn't recognize that the school calendar is really one of mine and I want notifications from it too!

elyk [PersonRank 6]

18 years ago #

Google read my mind! I'd been wondering how I could easily integrate my calendar into my website, thinking I'd probably have to wait for a php library then integrate it into my existing calendar, and here they come out with this. My only suggestion would be for them to give you more ability to change colors; right now you can change the background of the iframe but you can't do anything about the color scheme of the calendar itself.

Dint [PersonRank 2]

18 years ago #

elyk, include it with php and you'll be able te style it. =)
By adjusting the URL you can also set it to only view the Agenda, so without the Calendar. ;)

For example: gmail.com&chrome=NONE&epr=3&height=588&mode=AGENDA" rel="nofollow" style="display: inline-block; max-width: 300px; overflow: hidden">http://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=address[put at-character here]gmail.com&chrome=NONE&epr=3&height=588&mode=AGENDA

Dint [PersonRank 2]

18 years ago #

Hehe, the url got cut. =P

Let me put it in an other way, adjust the following parameters:
chrome=NONE
mode=AGENDA

Makes you see your agenda, without the option to navigate to the calendar. =)
Sorry for the double posting. ;)

Lego [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

This is something really, seriously cool from google. I have a number of calenders, some of mine, some from others and I love the possibility of going to the calender to stay up to date on online presentations I have signed up for, the upcoming games in the world cup, my private things like household planning etc. etc. This is still in it´s infancy and I hope google developers are reading this blog and others like it for feedback on how it can be even further improved.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Yes exactly I chose not to display the Google logo. These are the available settings:

http://blogoscoped.com/files/google-calendar-include-settings.png

Jim Barr [PersonRank 4]

18 years ago #

When embedding the HTML into a CMS that uses a URL (such as Joomla), edit the code that the Google Embeddable Calendar Helper generates, and include only the URL portion and its parameters. (ie: remove all the iframe-related parts.)

I created a sample embedded calendar in by creating a menu item of type "Wrapper" specifying the URL portion of the code that the Google Embeddable Calendar Helper created. The resulting sample is here:

http://jimstips.com/google_calendar_sample

Simple as that!

(Remove the spaces in the above URL. Apparantly, Blogoscoped is blocking that word. Not sure why...)

18 years ago #

(I blocked the URL because it was used as signature line repeatedly, and signatures are not OK per forum rules...)

Jim Barr [PersonRank 4]

18 years ago #

Ahh! Shame on Jim, shame on Jim...he'll not do THAT again! ;-)

Carl S [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

(From the Google Calendar Team)

We're pretty excited about this feature as well, but its definitely just the start of what's possible in this vein. Please do let us know how things work, what other options you would like, etc. We'd like to make this a really compelling way to do simple calendar sharing/embedding.

We'll keep an eye on this post for a while, or come talk with us here: http://groups.google.com/group/Google-Calendar-Help

Stuk [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

Hi, tried to inline it, but the add content bit had changed, and you can no longer just enter "developer.xml" into the "Create a section" box. Any tips?

18 years ago #

> he'll not do THAT again

Thanks Jim I unblocked the URL and fixed the link!

18 years ago #

OK, the Google Calendar Team says they'll keep an eye on this post, so if anyone has feature suggestions... post away!

Mambo [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

> "OK, the Google Calendar Team says they'll keep an eye on this post, so if anyone has feature suggestions... post away!"

Excellent. Well, my suggestion would be to re-name the part at the bottom, where it says "subscribe with google calendar". To me, the word "subscribe" is quite negative, and implies money being involved. I think it would be more personal, for example

"Notify me with Google Calendar"

or something like that.

18 years ago #

I kind of wish to have a completely open Calendar (as option). Right now you need to invite every additional user who want to edit along, at least I didn't find another option. Of course, with the Calendar API we could all script it ourselves, but...

Hashim [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Suggestion: when I move my mouse over an event I want to see a tooltip with the complete title, time, etc.

Art-One [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I would like to receive notifies of other calendars aggregated in my mailbox. I do not think that is possible today?

An other suggestion: integration of birthdays in Gmail contacts and GCalendar to see automatically when someones birthdays is. Now I have to register them in an separate calendar & shared it with my lovely wife.

Art-One [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Carl S: BTW this forum is already plenty of suggestions. C.f. e.g. http://blogoscoped.com/forum/26819.html .

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!