Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Eric Schmidt on CN Portfolio (Video)  (View post)

sasha.kunis@gmail.com [PersonRank 1]

Friday, June 16, 2006
18 years ago4,207 views

Shut up, Eric. You make things worse.

Niraj Sanghvi [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Yeah, it's really not a good idea to say they are sticking with the China decision after some of the happy reactions that Sergey's quote, however distorted/inaccurate it was, got. It seemed like Google was going to reverse their policy. I'm guessing this comment basically ends that thought.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I get the feeling that Eric is the business pragmatist whereas e.g. Sergey is the idealist. I don't think business pragmatism is bad – but it's completely opposing Google's former "naive" idealism (don't be evil etc.), no matter how much they're trying to rationalize it. By their own new standards – involvement in China even when including censorship benefits the Chinese – they hurt the Chinese more than Yahoo and MSN in the past.

ShellehS [PersonRank 5]

18 years ago #

i think, in china,if google do more "little evil", and do more business pragmatism, it's situation will b changed. seem google in china now is a company just face to the govt, yo have to learn how the gov't thought, of corse there is no book to tell you howto.

they the idealist, sometime, little childish.

Mysterius [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

How is this worse than MSN or Yahoo? The only reason they've never been quoted like this is because no one has asked (often).

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

> How is this worse than MSN or Yahoo?

Who said it was?

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!