Google Blogoscoped

Forum

New Picasa versioin = PC freakout

Brinke Guthrie [PersonRank 10]

Saturday, June 17, 2006
18 years ago2,314 views

I dont know if it's related. I put on the new Picasa with the web storage thing, and straight off I got MASSIVE BLUE SCREENS OF DEATH. messages I had NEVER seen. It looked like this PC was a goner.

Did some stuff, and it appears....appears..to be OK. And for some reason, my hard drive went from 24 GB free to 59.3 GB free huh?

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

And that's why the future lies in web apps, not offline apps – no more blue screens!

18 years ago #

yeah, but you can't just straight upload photos to picasaweb. it hs to go thru the program, right? NO NO NO NO NO way.

/pd [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I agree, I dont understand why google luanched this beta as desktiop client..!!

18 years ago #

thats why i want GDrive. I will just -----zip----- send things straight to it. I dunno- as soon as Picasa went on---WHAMMO PC went gonzo. Never again.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

> it hs to go thru the program, right?

That's what I thought first to, but actually, no, you can go through web only! You don't need to install Picasa at all to upload photos to the Picasa Web Albums, as opposed to what Google makes you think when it pushes their desktop client. You must click "upload photos" on any album pages to get to the web only form.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!