Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Hotmail 250 MB

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

Saturday, November 27, 2004
19 years ago

So finally MS decided to upgrade my account – it's for real. They have a quarter of Gmail now. If they would have been a year earlier I might not have switched so fast...

Thana K [PersonRank 1]

19 years ago #

Mine is still the sad little two. Believe it or not it has been like this since I signed up in pre-MS 1998. Once it was flooded (then the infamous "flushed"), I switched to Yahoo. Talk about some serious loyalty here.

Ades [PersonRank 6]

19 years ago #

I still have 2Mb. I don't use hotmail at all, but I wonder when they will decide to increase my quota.. I heard that Yahoo will also increase to 250 MB,too.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

19 years ago #

I read they will update the account with a minimum delay 1 month after you signed up. So if you sign up to Hotmail now, apparently it takes 1 month for you to get 250 MB. But they don't even mention how they treat loyal users... apparently, they're not in the speed queue...

Ades [PersonRank 6]

19 years ago #

Today, I heard that hotmail gives priority to people whose location is set as US. I am experimenting this. I will update my location as US and see what happens. I will let you know the outcome.

sirshannon.com [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

my account is still 2MB. And I can no longer check the account via Outlook. I thought the spam filter in hotmail was great but now that I am forced to use the web interface again, i see that Outlook was filtering more spam from hotmail than I realized. I am getting more spam than actual emails now (which is very few, I use my Gmail account mostly).

And the spam that is caught still counts towards the 2MB limit, it doesn't take very long for spam attachments to fill my inbox, I am getting warned every 2 days that my box is nearing the limit.

Thana K [PersonRank 1]

19 years ago #

I just got my 250MB yesterday. (blogged at http://tkcom.tk)

Anyone still stuck in 2MB?

Yaz [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

Hotmail upgraded me to 250MB about three weeks ago, yahoo also upgraded to 250MB. But my friend's hotmail accounts are still 2MB... Seems like slow progress...

andy [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

i am still on 2 MB

Anthony Pennington [PersonRank 3]

19 years ago #

Finally! Congrats Phil. lol.

Toni PT [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

This is how you shoud do it, to get 25MB
But to get 250MB I don't nkow...

1- log in.
2- goto options
3- Edit your profile and change your location to,
California, CEP: 90015.
4- Cancel your acont (don't worry)
5- Log in again with your normal pass and user name...
That's it, you now have 25MB.

AdamHisMajesty [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

my account is 2MB.. i think the problem is in the location information in the personal information of the account.. i and my friend made 2 accounts in 1999.. in the same day.. but he put the location (America).. i put (Israel).. this is the unique difference between our accounts information..we use the accounts daily.. his account is 250MB now.. but mine is 2MB..

Leila M [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

i still only have 2 MB, even though i changed my location to america. Help!!

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!