Google Blogoscoped

Forum

MSN Space is boring

J. J. [PersonRank 1]

Thursday, December 2, 2004
19 years ago

About the only good thing about it is that it includes trackback urls. It also says "create and manage from a mobile phone" – I wonder how easy that really is....

As mentioned on your first Space entry, it's definitely slow, plus it took me three tries (I tried on Firefox and IE – it even timed out on me once) before the forms for comments would let me post (it was grayed out for some reason)! Not to mention that it just looks drab (compared to Xanga, Blogger or other popular, easy, blog sites). Plus, it doesn't even look like you can integrate photos or other stuff from My MSN. Maybe they'll make more improvements after beta? Regardless, I definitely don't have a need for one – just thought I'd drop my two cents in.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

19 years ago #

My first impression on the MSN Spaces design was that it looked "unbloglike", almost like as if MSN didn't quite understand the spirit of blogs. The templates looked too "kewl" for my taste, and I don't know yet if templates are 100% confgurable.

Plus, I thought the URLs were much too long. Why go for a cryptic subfolder structure when you can have subdomain.example.com? This was the URL assigned to me:
http://spaces.msn.com/members/blogoscoped/
A permalink:
http://spaces.msn.com/members/blogoscoped/Blog/cns!1pgk8P4r6yiPpjBKX2mzbYLw!105.entry

One thing I found interesting was that template customization was covering both your editing interface (your blog software) as well as your blog (the public site readers see).

Aside from all that, MSN Spaces was slow and some pages contained bugs (and graphic errors, like "ghosting" – wrong anti-aliasing), but I'll be willing to attribute this to them being Beta.

Jess [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

its so stupid! theres nothing customizible about it! you can add anything personalized, like quiz results and backgrounds you like. honestly i hate it!

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!