Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Qunu.com

justin flavin [PersonRank 10]

Friday, June 23, 2006
18 years ago4,016 views

just in case you didnt catch this on digg.com theres a pretty cool site thats just been launched called Qunu

http://www.qunu.com

"What's Qunu? Qunu is a next-generation expertise matching service. We use instant messaging to connect – in real time – people who have software or tech-related questions with experts who are passionate and willing to help."

i signed up about a day ago and already i'll helped people with mysql, ubuntu and javascript problems.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Cool service. Chatting to you right now. I'll go there when I have a question and see if it works.

18 years ago #

the potential of this service is enormous.

right now they are sticking to just tech stuff , while they build up the servers needed.

just imagine a travel flavour of qunu -> search for Munich – chat to Munich people about their recommended bars, hotels.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Now it depends on the community whether or not this takes off... I think the idea isn't totally new but this implementation looked quite nice. Especially the focus on computer knowledge as opposed to covering everything, and a focus on search and on-site chat.

18 years ago #

it'll be very useful for intensive forums – such as Ubuntu's – which are having a problem with zero reply threads
(there's just so many questions being asked each day)

18 years ago #

i'm on the testimonial page
http://www.qunu.com/en/testimonials.html

if they introduce a ranking system, we could be onto something enormous here – think abou a Qunu system versus your outsourced helpdesk. it could change the way companies look at outsourcing.

add in some sort of monetisation – maybe some sort of adsense revenue share, and they could be the first outsourced helpdesk that is literally global.

lots of potential

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Why are they limited to a certain kind of IM? Is that important?

Art-One [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Great service.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!