Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Is Google Objective? Manual Edits in Search Results  (View post)

Seth Finkelstein [PersonRank 10]

Wednesday, June 28, 2006
18 years ago4,360 views

People confuse "algorithmically generated" with "untouched by human hands"

Seth Finkelstein [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Better:

People confuse "algorithmically generated" with "untouched by human VALUES"

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Edit: I added a footnote.

Tadeusz Szewczyk [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Many people in the SEO world already assume that Google uses seed sites. This way of determining the credibility of web pages has been called "trustrank". The assumption is that Google uses a core group of sites, maybe 50 000 or less, of course nobody knows how many, to do just that.

So your site will mot be traeted well if you aren't linked in any one of those, even if you are quite popular and well linked among high PageRank sites.

I am not sure whether that is the case but I can sometimes see a difference between sites thet are linked by authorities and those who aren't. But that may also depend on the plethora of filters Google employs, those based on domain age for instance. New pages are held down until they can proove that they are not spam.

Roger Browne [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

The Yahoo Search Blog writes that "[Yahoo Answers] questions and answers are being surfaced within results":
http://www.ysearchblog.com/archives/000303.html

I assume the phrase "being surfaced within results" means that Yahoo has made a specific decision to adjust the algorithm for organic search results so that Yahoo Answers pages will be float towards the top.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!