Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google AdSense Mixing Images With Text Ads?  (View post)

Andy [PersonRank 0]

Wednesday, June 28, 2006
18 years ago4,971 views

wow, $8707!

Roger Browne [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Yeah, like I really want Google to stick some arbitrary photo onto my webpage.

I would run non-Flash non-animated context-sensitive image ads if Google offered that option. But random embellishment? Bleah.

alek [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I'm 99% certain Philipp is just messing with 'ya on that $8,707 daily earnings picture ... ;-)

On the mixing of images with text ads, I saw this myself on my site a few days ago – said wow, what's up with that – checked my Adsense settings – is set to text ads ONLY (I don't care for the large banner-like image ads) – so I think Google has some minor teething issues in this area.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Hmm, interesting – Google is pushing images even for authors who don't want that?

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I changed the illustration to avoid further confusions on AdSense-related posts. :)

Digital Inspiration [PersonRank 2]

18 years ago #

Thanks for changing the illustration Philipp.

Now the Adsense Income figure looks real :)

alinush [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

not only images, but they're showing videos also in the ads...

Brian Chow [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

Hi,

I have just noticed my site, Free Stuff Page Freebies, starts to show the graphical icon filler on the wide skyscraper unit (160x600). On the top spot, there was an "[put at-character here]" image. I placed my mouse over it and it appears to be clickable. (I did not click on it.)

The grey and black colour scheme of the @ image sort of match the palette of the site.

Take a look at it at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/free-stuff/182979087/

Mayank [PersonRank 3]

18 years ago #

ha ha, not only it looks real..but a dear income to earn in a day :P

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!