Google Blogoscoped

Forum

GDS Problem?

Brinke Guthrie [PersonRank 10]

Monday, July 3, 2006
18 years ago2,370 views

I have had my Net connection drop periodically, usually for just 30 seconds at a time--for the past few weeks. Does the item below have any bearing? It says when you UNinstall..which I havent done. The router seems OK..our ISP says we have a good signal..and my wife's doesnt drop. She also doesnt use GDS.

----------

Google Desktop May Break Your Internet Connection

Google Desktop is a particular case of Google software: it has a lot of bugs and unresolved issues. I renamed once a file from the subdirectory of Application Data and Windows failed to boot. Google Desktop has another problem: it sometimes breaks your network connection. Here's Google's fix for that:

If your internet connection breaks after you uninstall Google Desktop, there are several steps you can take to solve the problem:

1. Open your C:Program Files GoogleGoogle Desktop folder.
2. In this folder, you'll see a small program called "Troubleshoot Network." Double-click the icon to run this program.
3. Follow the instructions to restore your network connection.

If this folder doesn't exist on your computer, or if this doesn't solve the problem, please try the following:

1. Reboot your computer.
2. Run the lspfix.zip program offered at http://www.cexx.org/lspfix.htm

The situation is not rare, since they have an application that deals with that. It's interesting to see they ask you to download a file when your Internet connection doesn't work.

Art-One [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

My line only drops when my DECT phone is ringing... So don't call me anymore on my phone, but try a Google Talk ;-)...

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!