Google Blogoscoped

Forum

google book search redesign

milivella [PersonRank 10]

Monday, July 3, 2006
18 years ago2,618 views

Google Book Search went under a slight redesign:

- You can see no more a list of all the pages (here and ever =bookpages) matching your search before viewing the page that is the first result (but, before the redesign, you could see only the first 30 results).

- If a page's content is restricted, you have no link to it in the results.

- The layout is new (page on the right, search on the left).

- If you click on a page, you go to the next.

- If you're unable to see a page, you can skip to the next available page.

- You can only view two pages forward (before the redesign, 2 forward and 2 backward!). If you click on the arrows for previous page or next page beyond this limit, you'll arrive on a page that is not the previous or the next.

- If you adblock cleardot.gif, you can't see the page.

Anything other? Is this interesting?

dpneal [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I don't really like this design. I don't like the new images around the pages to make it looks like a book. And the links on the left hand side don't look as clear as they used to.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I'm also seeing the book on the left, and the navigation on the right side on individual book page pages. Previously the navigation was on the left. But maybe that's what you meant...

dpneal [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

yeah sorry :) the links on the right don't look as clear as when they were on the left. Do you like the redesign?

milivella [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I made a mistake:
> page on the right, search on the left
Exchange the words...

The design doesn't add anything to the previous one.

A bad loss is the chance to go the previous page from the page you obtained from the search.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!