Is it wrong to find that funny?

Corsin Camichel [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Germans....

Ou and I am sorry for you loosing tonight :-P

Sam: I'm still smiling

/pd [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

oh get out.. ...Germany is going to win ...!!

Ok Ok back to the topic!! How does one chain a "real football" – its just impossible to chain something like a football.. it will have to be wrapped up correct ??

/pd [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

waaaaaaaaathats gotta hurt.. those footballs like darn "real"

...... pity the poor buggers who took the kick(s)!!

Splasho [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

"Ok Ok back to the topic!! How does one chain a "real football" – its just impossible to chain something like a football.. it will have to be wrapped up correct ??"

If it was designed specifically for the purpose you could cut a hole in the side stick the chain in and reseal.

/pd [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

yeah, but any dimbo who really plays football ..knows that a ball is normally hung in a net type of contraption for returning it when kicked.. and not by chains.. :)-

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

>> Is it wrong to find that funny?

Well, I couldn't help but laugh when I read it. Does that make me a bad person...?

alek [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Ditto what Tony saw – lets hope they have some hidden video camera's showing people (trying) to kick 'em ... along with audio for what they said afterwards! ;-)

Sam Davyson [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Germany! Argh! So close.

Now I'm vouching for France to take the cup.

Cristian Mezei [PersonRank 5]

18 years ago #

Ahahahahah .. Yeah man ..

I heard it today on the national radio here, too.. Damn how funny can that be ? :))

greent [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

Germany had its chances...

Evan [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

English tip: I think "police" is always a plural, so the verb in your last sentence should be "are".

Elias KAI [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

was it before or after Germany vs Italy Match ?

ecjs [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

That is idiot.

Niraj Sanghvi [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

What was interesting is that thaey said if anyone of the people who planted these got caught, they would be charged with assault. Can you charge someone with assault for such a thing?

CJ Millisock [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Good question Niraj. They didn't hurt anyone, but they invited others to hurt themselves. I think it could be argued that their intent was malicious though.

Man oh man, that would hurt soooo bad.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

> English tip: I think "police" is always a plural, so
> the verb in your last sentence should be "are".

Thanks, changed!

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Oh, and too bad for Germany, but congrats to Italy. Sigh :)

Niraj Sanghvi [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Of course, I'm not implying they should not be punished. But it seems like this would be something more like reckless endangerment than assault.

And yeah, I wouldn't want to be one of the poor guys that kicked these.

Melanie Heller [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

by the way, those footballs weren't only planted in Berlin, but several other cities – like Kassel in northern Hesse – too. (Yay! Football haters unite!)

And just a question: is it odd that I would inspect a football that is CHAINED before I kick it? Would be my first impulse.
Or, in other words: how stupid of fucking drunk must those two blokes have been?

/pd [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

"two blokes have been?"

were there only two victims ??

NateDawg [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

with the right amount of alcohol people do really stupid thing, say like kicking concrete soccer balls chained to light post :P

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!