Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Adsensed

iZeitgeist [PersonRank 10]

Thursday, July 6, 2006
18 years ago2,593 views

I am glad to see you Philipp (finally) put an Adsense on GB! (That's not the 1st time I know)

We don't want/need to see GB grow to something else beside from what it is now. At least, I hope you can profit from it personally (it'd be a waste noo to).

Off course the ad is not bothering at all, so just leave there...that's just my opinion!

Splasho [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I imagine FM is at least as good as AdSense if not better.

Haochi [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

>Off course the ad is not bothering at all<
Of course not, does the ads on Google's SERPs bothers?
One interesting thing about the ad on here is that most of time it's a Text-Link-Ads ad.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

The AdSense revenue is not remotely comparable to what FM manages to give me for campaigns. When it comes to ads, only through FM am I able to do edit this blog full-time... and only through all of your participation is it possible to get FM campaigns.

Well, even when the AdSense is just an intermediate ad, I wish I could more influence the font etc. I hate this tiny AdSense font. :)

/pd [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

(A disclosure: The New York Times Company owns a stake in Mr. Battelle's latest Internet company, Federated Media Publishing.)

So indirectly this site takes on the FM ad network , which indirectly helps NYT :)-

Corsin Camichel [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

> and only through all of your participation is it possible to get FM campaigns.
I still did not got any checks. Or do you want my PayPal account?

Seriously, I imagine Google AdSense is not that great for a tech based website with the main topic on Google (you cannot advertise for Google).

Philipp: you tried the Google AdSense API? Are there more possibilities to change fonts?

iZeitgeist [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

>> Philipp: you tried the Google AdSense API? Are there more possibilities to change fonts?

Yeah I thought so too, see Digg's front page for example... Plus they've added the highlight when you hover too!

I am sure you can play with it a bit!

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Google AdSense API is not related to customizing ads, it's for social networks.
http://code.google.com/apis/adsense/

18 years ago #

> I still did not got any checks. Or do you want
> my PayPal account?

Corsin, don't forget you need to pay 3 years of server bills.... I'll mail you my bank account. ;)

Seriously, the FM ads here can make sure Google Blogoscoped stays free and full-time, which I hope benefits all of you in return for your participation. (AdSense here doesn't even cover server costs, let alone pay the rent or food!)

> Yeah I thought so too, see Digg's front page for
> example... Plus they've added the highlight when
> you hover too!

Isn't Digg some super player who benefits through special AdSense? I don't know whether you can change the font through the API, but I was thinking the API only wraps available functionality.

Roger Browne [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

My AdSense font size here:
http://eiffelzone.com/esd/lib-db.html
is bigger than it is on Blogoscoped.

I didn't do anything special to make this happen. Actually I just assumed that everyone else somehow made their AdSense font size smaller than normal.

18 years ago #

I think that's due to a larger height...

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!