Google Blogoscoped

Forum

New in Blogoscoped: Duplicate Detection

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

Thursday, July 6, 2006
17 years ago2,350 views

Philipp Lenssen's blog about Google, Google Blogoscoped, has a forum section where many interesting topics are discussed. It sometimes happen that many people post the same thing because they are in a hurry to bring the news first. While Blogoscoped's problem wasn't that serious (if we compare it to Digg's dupes), Philipp Lenssen decided to implement a feature that shows related topics when someone creates a new one. While the feature is still in beta, he hopes this way no more people will report about Google Checkout launch, Writely acquisition and Google search out of beta.

Corsin Camichel [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Thats not new, I get the most of the time :D

Art-One [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Though it's certainly not new, it's very handy indeed & smart. Mostly I do a search first, but as the indexing is not instant, it's hard to avoid duplicates this way...

Sam Davyson [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Yes, I think it started in mid June. Philipp said it is just based on the title words matching title words in other topics (or at least it was when it launched).

/pd [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

The check is purely title-based – more than 3 longer words found
within the last 90 days in another title triggers an alert.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!