Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google wiped out all my Blogs, WHY?

OVCafe [PersonRank 1]

Monday, July 10, 2006
18 years ago2,769 views

Google, over the weekend wiped out about 4 months of blogs I have written, and never said WHY? 9/10ths of my blogs were about Medicaid Issues and I worked very hard on them. Anybody know how to contact Blogger support in order to find out WHY?

Thank you,
Online Village Cafe

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Just to confirm – did you posts disappear from your blog (i.e. did Blogger delete them) or did Google just drop them from their index? If it's the latter, did they drop them from the main Google index or Google Blog Search?

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Although I don't know the case, I feel it's something related to cloaking, keyword stuffing, and other black SEO practices.

Is your site related to onlinevillagecafe.com ?

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

What's the URL?

OVCafe [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

It is related to Online Village Cafe. I did write blogs with links as I am an affiliate, but are you not allowed to write about anything you want in your own blog as long as it's clean? I wrote a lot of medicaid news issues, and if you look at the onlinevillagecafe.com main page you would see the list of blogs at the bottom, and of course none of the links work anymore if they were google related...just my blogs on msn still exist.

I have been writing blogs with google for many months, why now? Why didn't they just say, you can't link to anything except what we say before I ever began writing. I know many bloggers who link to their pages and related sites using Google Blogger!

You call it keyword stuffing. I wouldn't call it stuffing as there were only a few links in each article.
I consider it informational, as 99 percent of my blogs contained important news and information on medicaid issues.

Thank you for the feedback

18 years ago #

One of them xlp_harmacycanadablogs.blogspot.com .(remove _)

And it links to onlinevillagecafe.com. So I was right.

/pd [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

why is the fonts so large here.. what happened ??

Anyhoot, this is an interesting issue –

iZeitgeist [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

My presumption is that Google considered your blog was a spam blog, you probably werent editing much of what you pasted.

This was taken from your blog that is still up:

"For the first time this decade, generic drugs accounted for all of the growth in prescriptions dispensed by Canadian pharmacies last year while brand-name medicines declined"

When you Google it you end up with many results containing the same quote, which is against ToS of Adsense (Generating revenue on high paying keywords with content thats not yours).

All these are yours I guess:

xlp.harmacy-genericdrugs.blogspot.com – Up
xlp.harmacyhelp.blogspot.com – Down
xlp.harmacy.blogspot.com – Down

etc...

PS: As Phillip blocked some words, remove "." from the word "p.harmacy" in the URLs

iZeitgeist [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=%22Online+Village+Cafe%22+site%3Ablogspot.com&btnG=Search

OVCafe [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

Yes,
I just put the link you wrote above back out...I like to write about many topics, and if I link that is considered "Black SEO" ? That doesn't sound good! I just was not aware Blogger made a rule that says you can't link to anything...that its what you call Black SEO'ing above...Everyone's blogs I read there are linked to something.
Thanks

OVCafe [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

I see. Ok...guess I can't blog about what I want on Google. That was the answer and feedback I was looking for...They could have at least sent an email saying so...I was not aware.

18 years ago #

Here's Blogger TOS
http://www.blogger.com/terms.g

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!