Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Select Everything in Gmail  (View post)

Wouter Schut [PersonRank 10]

Tuesday, July 11, 2006
17 years ago6,529 views

Now we only need to have an reply-all and a forward-all option and we can really have some fun :D

Henrique Gusso [PersonRank 2]

17 years ago #

Wow! First the appying filter to existent mail was already great news, and now this?

Sometimes I think it's even good that all these features weren't there when Gmail was first released. So that we can have this pleasant surprises up until 2 years after it was born =)

I don't remember any exciting updates happening in Hotmail when using it =/

Niraj Sanghvi [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

True, the surprises are pleasant...but I'd rather they be true surprises than fixes to things that have been (minor) annoyances up until now.

17 years ago #

The 'apply filter option' is probably the same technique as this.

Caleb E [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

ahhh, this makes me very happy.

Jim Barr [PersonRank 4]

17 years ago #

These are VERY nice additions! I'm always thrilled to see new Gmail refinements being developed!

Erik Dafforn [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

Why you are not remodeling your house with me???

I not spam you!!!

--FayeooSheltonqlzy

:)

OREO [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Gmail and Google Calendar updates are probably my favorites. I haven't seen Google Transit update in a while. Has anyone been using it?

/pd [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

this is so nice.. I just one clicked my spambox!!

Haochi [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

It's actually 100 conversation per page, not 50.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

> It's actually 100 conversation per page, not 50.

It's 50 here... also check the screenshot... maybe this can be tweaked in the settings?

/pd [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

i think thats a parameter setting

"Maximum page size: Show [25 50 100] conversations per page "

Sunil Nair [PersonRank 9]

17 years ago #

>>> It's 50 here... also check the screenshot... maybe this can be tweaked in the settings?

Yes, it can be 25, 50, or 100.

Missy [PersonRank 4]

17 years ago #

Holy Hell, JP!! That's your spambox?

Dude, you need a secretary.

Henrique Gusso [PersonRank 2]

17 years ago #

I can't believe you guys haven't fussed around the settings yet :P
The customization of how many conversations per page is there from the very beggining!

Sam Davyson [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Gmail are really adding extra nice bits now which is nice.

Maybe time to lose the BETA though?

/pd [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

shhhhhhhhhhh..dont even say that..!! Lose Beta – naway.. then they will stop product enchancements

Sam Davyson [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Possibly true, but what further enhancements are we still lacking?

Forward all like someone mentioned would be nice. But what else? Ever since those pictures I have been a bit suspicious that they are adding features for the sake of it.

Art-One [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Strange, I never log out in fact... And I didn't get those updates for my gmail until today, I logged out, because my wife did have to check her e-mail on my computer & now I have the updates too. It'll be a lesson ;-)
Hooray for those new features!!!

Ramibotros [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Gmail seriously need to do some different btween emails and chats. I hate them when they appear in my search results.

Haochi [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I think Google will roll out these features for all Gmail users soon, I have them now!

J. McNair [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Would still like to be able to use Contact groups when creating filters.

That's all, really

iZeitgeist [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Ramibotros,

>> Gmail seriously need to do some different btween emails and chats. I hate them when they appear in my search results.

You can just add -in:chat to any of your searches, that will do for now ;-p

What I want Gmail to add is a left box (like foe labels and chat) for recent searches, smart searches (e.g. has:attachment .doc in:starred), etc....

There is an extension that does something is this direction, but again this is only useful is you use Gmail in one computer only, which defies the whole purpose of email in general...

17 years ago #

BTW, I love the ability to filters to old emails, now I can destroy all my labels and rearrange my mail box perfectly as I see fit to my actual situation.

Just to summarize the new features, there is the select everything, filter old emails, and I know there are two others, what are they ??

17 years ago #

J. McNair,

>> Would still like to be able to use Contact groups when creating filters.

I agree with you, either that or implement the "from:" and "to:" create-filter-text-box to suggest the email addresses like it does in the compose mode.

17 years ago #

Philipp, now that you can delete all your SPAM with a click of a button will you still do it ? =)

Also, there seems to be no undo action for deleting all the SPAM... ;-(

david sanger [PersonRank 7]

17 years ago #

Deleting SPAM didn't seem to free up any space. Anyone else notice that?

Guillaume Laforge [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

What I'm missing now is "mark all as read".

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

<< Deleting SPAM didn't seem to free up any space. Anyone else notice that? >>

I'm sure I've read somewhere that conversations labelled as "Spam" or in the "Trash" don't count towards your limit (which has made me wonder why everyone's so keen on deleting their spam messages).

However, I can't seem to find a reference to that anywhere! Maybe I dreamt it (or – God forbid – maybe I was thinking about Hotmail)!

17 years ago #

I love the Gmail spam filter because only has false negatives and never a false positive. The only reason I want to delete spam is because I want a sense of tidiness and I want the spam folder to stop being bold.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I think when I deleted my spam and then emptied my trash, I suddenly had a lot more free storage available. So either one of those two, despite what Google says (and I vaguely remember reading the same thing as Tony), helped clean up space. I'd have to reproduce this tho really comparing numbers before I can say anything conclusive...

Kyle Eslick [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

GMail is really coming together nicely. I just noticed these changes finally reached my account today and I've already been putting them to good use!

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!