Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google Maps Magnified Zoom

BrianS [PersonRank 7]

Tuesday, July 11, 2006
18 years ago4,388 views

I just noticed that now when you double click or just use the + or – in Google Maps we get the same sort of effect that live.local.com has. It takes the current image and enlarges it until it is at the next zoom level. You can also now double right click and it zooms out from the current map.

Splasho [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I hadn't noticed that when you use the scroll wheel it zooms and shows you the centre with red marks.

Corsin Camichel [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

enableDoubleClickZoom() = Enables double click to zoom in and out (disabled by default). (Since 2.58)
disableDoubleClickZoom() = Disables double click to zoom in and out. (Since 2.58)
doubleClickZoomEnabled() = Returns true iff double click to zoom is enabled. (Since 2.58)
enableContinuousZoom() = Enables continuous smooth zooming for select browsers (disabled by default). (Since 2.58)

The new functions are from the latest version (July 7th)
http://googlemapsapi.blogspot.com/2006/07/revision-258-of-api-v2.html

Splasho [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Note that the enlarging effect only works in IE

dpneal [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

this is a great addition to the maps functionality

James Bradbury [PersonRank 5]

18 years ago #

The enlarging effect works in Firefox (1.5.0.4 on WinXP Pro)

Splasho [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Ah okay, its not working in my Bon Echo

Caleb E [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I'm in firefox and the smooth zooming is working for me.

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Zooooooooooooom :
http://googlemapsapi.blogspot.com/2006/07/zoooooooom.html

NateDawg [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

The scrolling mouse wheel is a great feature. I love the fact that it zooms to where the mouse is located (unlike live which zooms the center view).

TonyB [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

They have moved the "Search the Map", "Find Businesses" and "Get Directions" to larger tabs below the search box. They are now easier to see, and to click on. I like it. A nice set of enhancements in todays roll-out, including the click-zoom and continuous zoom.

Tony

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!