Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google Spreadsheets update

Googoo Guru [PersonRank 1]

Thursday, July 13, 2006
17 years ago2,812 views

Looks like Google Spreadsheets has updated from V1.1.4b to V1.1.4d. You can now add borders to cells, remove formatting from cells, and there's some newly designed toolbar icons. Was the "paste values" or "paste format" dropdown list from the paste button there previously? Anybody see anything else new?

Art-One [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I don't think those paste features where there.
(Have they dumped the c-version?)

Some of the layout changes where already described here: http://blogoscoped.com/forum/37457.html#id43930

Gary Price [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Have any of you tried the beta of Zoho Sheet? It was released in April.
http://www.zohosheet.com
Several useful features I was unable to find at Google (as of today on Google) including save as PDF, create public url, tags, support for more functions, draw bar/line/pie 2D/3D charts

Zoho Sheet is free.

Josue R. [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

nice update.

dpneal [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

i thought the 'b' stood for beta, obviously i was wrong!

17 years ago #

Yea, unfortunately Zoho sheet is still missing many things too, like sorting, freeze rows, chat, advanced formatting of cells, etc.

If you want to see a real contender for online spreadsheets, check out EditGrid. They have many more features than I've seen anywhere. They've even got an API out already.

17 years ago #

Google Spreadsheets now has right-click context menu (copy, cut, paste, clear contents) and the ability to insert rows above or below, or a column to the left or right.

NateDawg [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Finnaly!! Borders. The copy and paste feature works pretty seamlessly, copying the formating and the cell data. You can use both the right click menu or the context keys (I love that feature). Also, if you enter a fomula in one cell, you can copy it and paste over a range of cells and it will automatically adjust. So far this is nice feature upgrade and it worth another look if you havn't looked at it in a while.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!