Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Let Google's Creative Commons Search Find You  (View post)

/pd [PersonRank 10]

Saturday, July 15, 2006
18 years ago4,662 views

===>>"onto every page of this blog" ??

why dont they just have it on the main only page and other pages within the site are "implicity" tagged as CC content, where are page is NOT CC, then 'xplicity" tagging can be used. That is manage by exceptional content only ??

This is the some what the issue that we were recently discussing wrt to meta NDOP tag. Why everyage ??

It seems that google now likes to construct the serp title from the page title AND a bit of the first paragraph of text on the page.

FWIW, I still need to wrap my head around certain of things happening at the engine level , so maybe thats why I am still confused :)_

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Because Google treats each page individually. Maybe you want to release under CC license only one page where you discuss why World War III is about to begin.

/pd [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

very funny...Inout!!

Art-One [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

/pd: what's your problem with every page. If you use a template system, it can't be such a problem I think?

Ludwik Trammer [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I have this meta data on my site from the very beginning, but when I search for "site:monitor.edu.pl" in the CreativeCommons Google Search it receive only 23 pages, in opposite to the normal search, which receive 274 pages. I'm sure that all this pages have, and always had the same meta data. So why Google CC search includes only couples of them?

CC Search for "site:monitor.edu.pl" – http://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Amonitor.edu.pl&btnG=Search&as_rights=%28cc_publicdomain%7Ccc_attribute%7Ccc_sharealike%7Ccc_nonderived%29.-%28cc_noncommercial%29
Normal search for "site:monitor.edu.pl" – http://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Amonitor.edu.pl

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Since when did you include the metadata?

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

As for page level vs site level vs paragraph level... so far only page level is really supported. Site level may be feasible with something like a robots.txt, but for CC...

Ludwik Trammer [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Philipp – As I said – from the first moment this site went on-line.

/pd [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Art : If I remember correctly, the point that we were debating at a theoritical level was simple. Can Google tell us, in the SERP (via Flags etc etc..) whatever..you now what I mean :)-

1) The result link is bound to CC
2) The result link is WILL be paid Content
3) The result link is SHAREWARE/etc

I theory here is part of the "intention" economy, wherein which I enter a term in google, and not only returns " Cached – Similar pages – Note this" , but other indicators like CC, PAID, SHAREWARE etc etc..

thats a hypthesis (I think!!!) :)_

Art-One [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Yeah, I know what you mean, and I think it's quite good too. But my question was a requestion on your "why everage" (i.e. why every page I think ;-)).

If e.g. we consider this blog, it's all CC. This blog is template based, so if we encorporate the tag in the template, than it's no work to indicate all pages as CC. If there were some paid pages in it, than those pages could just use a PAID template.

I hope that I could clarify myself a bit?

/pd [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Agreed Art , the template carried the meta data. Lets take for e.g in this blog. the /click servery the Philipp did not want to create as a CC, what would happend under those conditions ?

for the sake of disussion, lets say the the target page is included in the /robot.txt file. However, the page is has the same template as the blog, will the engine classify the content as NON CC or CC ??

Art-One [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

It would be classified as CC of course. Therefor it should be based on an other template if it should be NON CC... We don't use this kind of metatagging yet, I've asked my collegeaues to study it. But I'm quite sure we will implement it this way...

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!