Google Blogoscoped

Forum

embedded Blogger

Ramosa [PersonRank 1]

Tuesday, December 21, 2004
19 years ago

Phillip, I tried to use Blogger today, but I was very annoyed that you can't have your blogger as an embedded (included) item in your existing homepage. Well you can, with much modification, but comments and item links are all absolute, so if you click the comments link you end up on a single comment page.

I noticed that you don't use the bloggers own comment system, but instead a generic forum, that's not very intuitive I think.. I tried www.bblog.com today also, but it seems to have the same problem.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

19 years ago #

Yes, if you use Blogger.com (I use Blogger Pro) you can't really integrate comments into your site, and what you can do doesn't look & feel very good. I like this forum and how it can be used to comment on individual blog items, as well as to post independent news items. But I agree with you and do see a problem, especially that at the moment I didn't manage to directly connect blog poss to forum posts and vice versa.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!