How Gmail Blocks a Virus  (View post)

stefan2904 [PersonRank 10]

Friday, July 21, 2006
18 years ago4,980 views

lol. omg

mike [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

cool to know...

hey, how do you have that from: drop down list when sending an email?

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Settings / Accounts / Send mail as / Add another email address

mike [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

ahh... thanks.

/pd [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

==>>"I tried sending a virus to my gmail account with another account and it didn’t go through (nor was it returned)."

Will this not be a break in the RFC email conventions ?? If an email is undeliverable, then the sender MUST be notified of such an err ?

I have not dugg back to the RFC archives for the exact verbige, but conceptually is this not how SMTP /MIME workss ?

Jake's View [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I've played with the eclair test file quite a bit.

Anand Kishore [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

I did a comprehensive Gmail anitvirus test drive when the antivirus thingy was lauched. Refer to my test results here: http://semanticvoid.com/blog/2005/12/03/gmail-antivirus-test-drive/

Menath 7 [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

In the past when my uni server got a virus (very common) it would start shooting emails off to people. I had email fwding turned on, so any emails to me would pop up in a more used account. As far as I knew, whenever I had a virus go through a few servers would send back nice little notices saying that the email (subject) sent on (time date) had a virus, and could I please scan my system. That said though, I'm sure that the uni servers got a heck of a lot more virii then I was told about...

Art-One [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

/pd aren't a lot of e-mail systems breaking this RFC's in particulary with SPAM fighting mechanisms? A lot of SPAM filters don't return an answer I think.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!